Leader of Islam
1. Excellent Islamic leaders submit to Allah and govern by His Edicts:
· Governance powers are prudently disciplined, checked, and the rule of law is ensured through supremacy of God’s (Allah’s) direction“And whosever does not govern by that which Allah has revealed, such are the wrongdoers” ( Quran 5:45).
2. Excellent Islamic leaders are empathetic, forgiving and use a shura form of decision-making:
· The Quran states: “And by the Mercy of Allah, you dealt with them gently. And had you been severe and harsh-hearted, they would have broken away from about you; so pass over (their faults), and ask (Allah’s) Forgiveness for them; and consult them in the affairs. Then when you have taken a decision, put your trust in Allah, certainly, Allah loves those who put their trust (in Him)” (3:159).
3. Excellent Islamic leaders are truthful, just and avoid bribery.
· “And do not devour your wealth among yourselves through falsehood, and offer it not as a bribe to the authorities that you may knowingly devour a part of the wealth of other people with injustice.” (2:189).
4. Excellent Islamic leaders keep their word and deal firmly with those who break theirs.
· “If you fear treachery from any people throw back (their covenant) to them (so as to be) on equal terms (that there will be no more covenant between you and them). Certainly Allah likes not the treacherous”. (8:58).